Restore Me, Restored my love for Juliette Ferrars...





Restore Me
- Tahereh Mafi

Genre: YA Science Fiction
Pages: 448
Format: Alternating POVs
Rating: 5/5

-----

I absolutely LOVE the world that Mafi created, I respect her writing so much! I had seen this released all over the internet but could not find anywhere to buy it in the UK at all, until... I spotted it in my local Waterstones and just ran to and brought it in a flash! Its been a while since I finished the original trilogy so I did have to give myself a little refresher on how the last novel ended.
But let me refresh your mind as to what this one is about:

Juliette and Warner's story continues in the electrifying fourth installment of Tahereh Mafi's New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series.

Juliette Ferrars thought she'd won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander of North America, and now has Warner by her side. But when tragedy strikes, she must confront the darkness that dwells both around and inside her.

Who will she become in the face of adversity? Will she be able to control the power she wields, and use it for good?

As I have already said it did take me a while to get back into this just because it had been so long since I had read the series. But, I also found the narrative quite slow at the beginning of the novel, it did speed up and get 10x more interesting past the halfway mark (just like many novels).

I am in love with the new Juliette! I love how Mafi has created a heroine that still struggles with her identity just like every normal person, additionally I love how the reader is taken on this journey with Juliette; I feel as if I know her, I understand her.

I can't remember Warner very well from the previous novels but from what I do remember it is not very pleasant. And yet again Mafi has created him so complex, so that when we think we know him, show throws us another curveball. *Spoiler* I really like how he has the ability to read emotion in others yet he is incapable of doing so to himself.

The plot twist in this book is one that is both surprising but also expected, I was surprised at how the novel ended but not as much the information that was given. I love how it was done and it definitely gave me a shock.

Overall, I really loved this and can't wait to read what she comes out with next! I love this series so much I am thinking of using it as one of my dissertation pieces!
p.s. I will be uploading a full review on my YouTube channel too, so stay tuned!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY L'Oreal Skincare is just AMAZING!

Perfect Pores are POSSIBLE!