Urban Bible is the only bible I need

Image sourced from Google Images


For those of you that may not know who Keilidh Cashell is she is an AMAZINGLY TALENTED Irish makeup artist, emphasis on the artist. She has also recently, well in November 2018, released a collection with SoSu by Suzanne Jackson (an Irish brand), a collection that consists of eyelashes, brush set and eyeshadow palette. Annnnd if you do not have access to Instagram, or the internet in general, I will forgive you for being unaware of all this information.
Image sourced from Google Images

Anyway, let's get into the review!
I only purchased the palette and the brushes, but they have a bundle that is available to buy, which includes all the products. I think when I was purchasing my products, the bundle only worked out £14 more expensive for 3 pairs of lashes. 

The Palette
From the website:
I am beyond excited to have finally created my perfect eyeshadow palette! I continuously struggle to find that one palette that I can take anywhere which contains all of my favourite eyeshadow shades. I love how all 16 shades in Urban Bible represent my two make up personas, Grunge Vs Insta Fun. My ultimate goal was to create a palette that would inspire everyone to play with colour and get creative. Release your inner freak!” - KeilidhMUA
Personally, I love everything that she stands for and everything that she aimed to create with this palette. 
The palette includes 16 shades to incorporate both the artist Keilidh and the basic Keilidh, this makes it perfect for those who want to dabble in being more colourful with their looks but still safe enough for the neutral tone lovers. 
Each shade is perfectly formulated with slight kickback (but that is not a problem for me). They blend easily and the brushes help 100% (but we will discuss that later). I also love how the palette acts similarly to a palette of paints, it is so easy to mix the shades together to get the perfect colour you desire. 
Also, the shimmers are absolutely beautiful! Although, I do experience a fair bit of fallout from the shimmers; so, I would refrain from doing your base prior to eyes when using the shimmers. But when applied with a brush there is no compromise on pigment and performance.
I have found that this is my go-to palette for every occasion now, so easy to put in my makeup bag and take anywhere with me!

The Shades:
  • Veil – Matte White
  • Saviour – Golden Brown Matte
  • 1996 – Antique Gold Foil
  • Prophecy - Rich Warm Brown Matte
  • Aura – Bright Turquoise Shimmer
  • Faith – Neon Yellow Matte
  • Unruly – Deep Burgundy Matte
  • Oath – Deep Cool Brown Matte
  • Majesty – Bright Burnt Orange Matte
  • Myth – Bright Lavender Shimmer
  • Freedom – Neutral Purple Matte
  • Chaos – Metallic Green/Brown Sheen
  • Mercy – Baby Pink Shimmer
  • Sacred Fire – Vibrant Red Matte
  • Sacrifice – Deep Purple Matte
  • Sin - Intense Matte Black 

Pro's
  • Amazing pigment 
  • Great Price
  • Solid Packaging 
  • Mirror 
  • Incredible blend
  • Easy to use
Con's
  • Little kickback
  • Some fallout
  • Delicate shimmers (dropped the palette a few times and Mercy is slightly loose now


The Brushes
From the website:
When I thought of creating a brush collection I wanted to focus on brushes that allow you to create those killer detailed eye looks with ease. From my own experience a lot of makeup artists prefer working with smaller brushes and I feel this collection really caters to that. I gotchuuuu!” - KeilidhMUA
I had been in the market for smaller brushes for so long and was even contemplating purchasing the new Jaclyn Hill x Morphe collection. And I have already tweeted her to ask her to start selling these brushes individually because I need about 100 more SK03 brushes! 
Each brush is super soft and easy to use for its designed purpose, but they are also great for whatever else you deem them acceptable for. That is why I love them, they are so versatile! I do not think that the highlighting brush is needed in this set, I would've rather had an extra small detail brush or larger packing brush.

What it includes:
  • SK01: Tapered Highlighting - a fluffy brush perfect for highlighting the key points of the face. 
  • SK02: Crease Blender - for packing on colour and seamlessly blending at the same time. Suitable for every eye shape + size
  • SK03: Fluffy Definer - a small tapered brush to target and perfect small areas
  • SK04: Small Bullet Brush - for precise packing and blending
  • SK05: Flat Craving Brush - to cut crease, pack of shadow, and carve out brows
  • SK06: Small Packer - for smudging out the lash line, and packing on intense pigment
  • SK07: Small Detail Brush - thin definer brush for a more precise application

Pro's
  • Great value for money
  • Brushes that you don't already have 
  • Comes with a makeshift case 
Con's
  • Only a few brushes
  • Wish they were sold separately

Here are some looks that I have created with the palette and scroll to watch my first impressions!

     






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY L'Oreal Skincare is just AMAZING!

Perfect Pores are POSSIBLE!